Friday, February 09, 2007

Housing Again

I seem to have little luck with housing offered by UBC housing and conferences. This time round, it's all because I wasn't accepted into the housing lottery offered by UBC Housing and Conferences, and so I'm going to appeal my for my position (1105!) to be improved. If I can even make it to around 100 or 200th position, I'll be happy enough because there's a very high chance that I can make it into housing, though it may not be the one that I want. Well, I hope the other options are open too. sigh...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm currenly on waitlist for housing next year, and I was wondering how can you appeal your waitlist position?

Eric said...

Hi 佳宁, to appeal your waitlist position, you have to go to the Housing office and ask for an "Appeal" form. You'll have to write in your reasons for needing housing etc. 我不想要显得悲观,但是一般来说,他们只会接受extremely compelling reasons, 所以我去年就选择不appeal. That said, you should give it a shot - if you don't appeal, you'll never get your chance.

I ended up living in Thunderbird with my roommate.