Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Post after a Hiatus

It seems I've not been here for a while.

A lot has happened in the past week, but I've decided just to focus on yesterday. One of the better days, I guess, and it can only happen after bombing-out of a chem lab the day before. I guess it's really that I bounce back from defeat pretty quickly.

So on Thursday, I literally bombed out of a chem lab. Lost sample, have to restart next week, and take a 5-point penalty off from 40. That's pretty hefty. But considering that I have more time to do my lab (no solubility tests to do), it should be fine.

But on Friday, whoa, on Friday, it was a day that went unusually smoothly. I had a rough night too - 2 hours of sleep in total - but I pulled through it miraculously. Must be divine intervention.

Morning - Chem mid-term, went smoothly, and it was marked the evening straight away. I have an 81% on the first organic chem mid-term, and I think that's pretty cool.

Afternoon - Went to work, and served many customers with top-knotch customer service. I think I do it only when Steven is in, coz he really motivates me to work with his "chillax" outlook - it's like, we have a goal, and we'll do our best to achieve it, and I will be able to tell whether you guys tried to achieve it, but if we don't, so be it - and he allowed me 1/2 hr to install RAM on my computer to boost it to 2GB, over-extending on my 15 min break time, but of course, I promised to repay it by taking 15 min. less when it's busy.

Evening - Found that I've received a $1000 scholarship for my 83% in Science One. Yay! I sure hope I'm able to manage it, in addition to my other earnings for the year, a lot lot better.

No comments: