Friday, February 10, 2006

A long day at work.

Here's my schedule today:
  • 8.30 am: Uncle Ken drops me off at E. Hastings Dairy Queen.
  • 9.30 am: Liza drops by E. Hastings to bring me to N. Vancouver Dairy Queen.
  • 10.00 am: Set up shop at N. Vancouver Dairy Queen.
  • 10.15 am: First order for lunch.
  • 10.45 am: Karen calls, asking for day off (the cramps). Liza pleads for her not to skip work today.
  • 11.00 am: Liza calls Helen, finds out Helen cannot make it for work. In a flurry, Liza calles somebody to come cover Helen for the evening. We find Mike.
  • 12.00 pm: Karen arrives and saves the day - backlog of orders cleared.
  • 1.30 pm: Lunch. Orders keep coming throughout my lunch; I finish it in 1/2 hours, not my usual 1/2 minute.
  • 3.50 pm: Mike arrives.
  • 4.00 pm: Karen leaves, Tunisha arrives.
  • 4.30 pm: Liza grants me a 1/2 hour break, to rest to prepare for the next 4 hours of work.
  • 6.00 pm: Dinner.
  • 7.00 pm: Orders start piling...
  • 8.00 pm: Start packing in DQ Sandwiches that Tunisha makes.
  • 8.30 pm: Leave for home.
What a day. I'm glad, though, that I managed to save Liza some trouble to call somebody else down to help out. I'm also glad that she didn't make me book out during my breaks... guess we were all too busy to bother about such stuff in the end.

No comments: