Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sarabande, Claudine, The Flight of the Bumblebee

3 songs now, 3 songs that I'm learning, each getting better by the day. (Save for Claudine, which seems to be hovering at more or less the same standard.)

The Flight of the Bumblebee seemed to be the best. I can now go (through the first 2 pages) at a tempo of 110 rather than 70. The actual tempo is 144. I'm inching my way there. Now, to master the 3rd, 4th and 5th pages too.

Sarabande ranks second in terms of progress. I've managed to get the song in my head before, and it is an easy piece to play to start with. I merely managed to refine my own ending to the song, which I feel adds a nice after-ring to it.

Claudine... well, I've long mastered it. Now it's about adding in the mood, the feel, the ups and downs, the highs and lows. PAWN IT. =P

No comments: