Saturday, September 02, 2006

Exodus

I'm feeling that sense of happening inside me. Turmoil, wandering, having to be in search. I'm embarking on a new stage of this journey through life, and I've no idea what's up for me next. All I know is that my room smells of apple (scent), and I've yet to get things off my bed. Everything else is a blur to me. I've met new people, new acquaintances, but none I'm ready to commit to as a friend. I'll wait and see.

It's like the Jewish Exodus. Some would rather go back and be slaves under the Egyptians, while others eagerly hoped for a new start. Part of me wants to go back to 2875 Osoyoos Crescent, to the familiar washroom, kitchen, and living room. The other part of me desires a new start. It's a struggle.

By the way, Totem Park's dining hall food is expensive. Just to eat something filling costs $7.80. I figure I'll probably want to pop by the Village more often...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... be encouraged! You've been through so many new situations since we graduated - moving to Canada, working at DQ, moving to uni, working at Staples, going to school, now living at Totem Park... and the fact that you've weathered it all obviously very well is something to be happy and thankful about, isn't it? Really admire your tenacity. (And I'd say let God be your Rock.)

Restaurant eating doesn't seem all that expensive, especially since your Totem park food costs around the same...