Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Letter to the Management

Dear Rita,

RE: Termination of Employment at Store 239, Staples Business Depot.

I’d like to thank you and the current management team for providing me with such a great time of employment over the past few months. I’ve had an amazing time here, having seen the positive changes that have been made since the new management team took over, especially with the reinforcement of the camaraderie and teamwork in the Computer Dept., my primary area of duties, and its re-organization.

I have found another job for the summer, at the BC Cancer Research Center (BCCRC), where I will be working full-time as a Summer Research Student. Hence, it is with a heavy heart that I ask to leave a place that I have literally called my 2nd home for the past 10 months. My new position will provide me with working experience highly relevant to my intended major, Microbiology and Immunology, and hence I have opted to go for greener pastures.

In order to facilitate my transition to a full-time job, monthly-paid at the BCCRC, I’d like to request to terminate my employment effective 10 July 2007 (two weeks from today). I feel that it would help if I could request not to be scheduled for the week of 1 July 2007, so that I could join the BCCRC on a more “regular” start date “i.e. beginning of the month. This would also give me more time to work on the project that they have prepared for me.

In return for this big favor, I am prepared to do a detailed write-up on the latest HP training module that I was sent for, to help coach my colleagues in the department as well as other potential computer department associates (e.g. Chad – he’s definitely great for the dept. too) on the stuff I’ve learned at the training session. With your permission, I hope you will allow this to happen.

Thank you again for giving me this opportunity to learn from you and the management team, and for giving me this opportunity to contribute to the store’s cause and goals. I definitely will cherish this chance given to me.

Yours truly,




Eric Asava-Aree

No comments: